Greg G.

Tom Watson said:

snip
While the Political threads bloomed and branched, in sum total
creating over a thousand responses - the WoodDorking threads yielded
less than a hundred.

snip
We pretend, us Wreckers, to despise the intercession of the Politic -
yet we jump all over it like a starving dog on a meatwagon.

snip
However, it would be nice, if the next time that someone starts a
thread about Design, or Joinery, or Finishing - that the Group, as a
whole, showed it the same level of involvement that has heretofore
been resrved for Politics, or Religion, or Sex.

I hear ya, Buddy!
I don't bother with filters, and occasionally look in on some of the
OT posts. But it IS amazing how some of these things just won't die!

I watch the pleas for help from relative newbies go unnoticed, as the
political dead-horse gets pummeled into pulp. Granted, many of the
questions could be answered by DAGS - but that removes the personal
touch and assurance that many novices find comforting. Perhaps you/we
are just jaded and tire of answering the same questions time and again
or perhaps we're just out of new/interesting ideas. I haven't seen an
innovative thread on finishing or technique in ages - and I come here
to glean knowledge on that type of thing!

I chalk it up to the fact that many people are deeply concerned at the
direction the country, and indeed the world, is headed and this is
their way of blowing off steam.

Personally, I'll be glad when it's all over.
(Not life, just politics...the other will come soon enough!)

P.S.- All the candidates blow - Gen. George Hammond for President!

Greg G.