vernon

I have use CA to seal a crack and the used teak oil. It left an uncolored
area where the CA wicked into the wood. It dosen't show up when you use poly
or a wax, like briwax, as the finish.

Vern
Jacksonville, AR
"Tony Manella" ndd1 at prolog.net wrote in message
I've used both danish oil and cellulose sanding sealer over CA glue
without
having any adhesion issues.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Chuck" wrote in message
On 07 Oct 2004 17:25:21 GMT, (Kip055) wrote:

Even worse than the staining of the wood, CA is so thin that it wicks
a lot further into the wood than the crack, and effectively seals the
wood and prevents it from taking finish, stain or anything else

I haven't as yet ever used stain on turnings so I can't comment, but I

haven't
had probems with oil varnish mixes adhereing to areas that I've hit with

CA,
either in cases where I sealed before application or not (the latter for

woods
that the CA did not discolor.) May I ask what finish(es) you have

observed
this with??

Water based poly, danish oil, cellulose sanding sealer

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget