chrisb

Default Drywall Damage

Hello:

I live in a multi-story condominium, and the neighbor who lives above me
recently had some plumbing related problems in his bathroom that resulted in
my bathroom being flooded.

I would estimate that several gallons of water ran through his floor and out
a vent in my ceiling over a period of about five minutes. The ceiling has
been drying for several days but there are still water marks on the drywall,
mainly in the areas where the floor and ceiling meet.

I was wondering under what circumstances I should request that the drywall
be replaced. If the drywall is permanently water marked but firm to the
touch, is replacement necessary? Would it be wise to request replacement
because of possible mold growth even if the drywall doesn't appear damaged?

In short, I would like to have the ceiling replaced only if necessary, and
would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Chris