Rob Bradley

I would say even in London and with replacing the gas supply (almost
certainly needed) that £2500 would be nearer the mark.

He said the gas supply was OK, but it could do with re-routing at
least, because it comes into the bedroom, along the wall and round a
corner then through into the bathroom and along the wall in there,
then through into the kitchen where the boiler is. Much better to go
under the floor, I think. Why do you say it would "almost certainly"
need replacing?

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

---