Charles Middleton

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
Sorry, forgot to mention - door was open when testing.

"Pet" wrote in message
JoeJoe wrote:

Is this normal for a fan of such size (85 m3/h)?

I found that with the bathroom door closed the fan is next to useless at
removing air, but open the door and hey presto.

If it's fine with the door open you will need to make some holes

somewhere.

(Previous reply at top of post)

Ive just fitted a 4" Xpelair fan in my bathroom with an inline back draught
shutter (from TLC). As a comparison, when this starts running the shutter is
immediately opened and if there is steam in the bathroom this can been seen
visibly moving towards the fan. I've got a slight gap under my bathroom
door. Nice fan easy to fit and works well. Not sure if your fan is faulty or
just not very good however.

CM.