Paul C. Dickie

In article , Richard
writes
really weird and is getting worse, smells really strong of
eggs/methane and its getting rather embarassing now. Just as well the
house is still resembling a building site and we dont get many
visitors in. Is this problem more than likely just a soil pipe
blockage somewhere? How should I go about tackling this, i'm thinking
of looking under the manhole cover out the back but not sure if my
stomach is strong enough for that one or not!!!

Any other thoughts on this?

Has a rat crawled away somewhere to die?

I had a similar stench in my cellar, but this one was more of bad eggs
and rotting fish. Shortly afterwards, there was a mini-plague of flies
and bluebottles so, without bothering to investigate further, I
concluded that a frog had probably hopped in, covered itself with padauk
dust and died somewhere in the cellar.

--
Paul