Default Workbench adapts to circular saw & routers

MattP {add mattspersonal before @} wrote:
wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:01:03 -0000, "MattP" {add
mattspersonal before @} wrote:

Hi All

Just seen a Wolfcraft 1000 which claims to be able to turn a circular saw
into a table saw and likewise can fit a router as well.

Anybody tried one of these as a router/circ saw table combo? Is it safe to
mount a circ saw in this way?

This one does at least show some guards and fences, however it's not
clear whether they are included in the price. Theyu could be
separately priced and made the total a lot more when you buy all the
bits.

The guards and fences for a circular saw are included, my Skil Classic
fitted without any problems. You need extra (i.e. optional, buy if
you want) bits to use the table with a router.

Would you saw it is accurate enough for close cutting?
Any idea on the cost of the router fitting?

The router bits and pieces cost something around £20 I *think* but
it's quite a while ago so I wouldn't rely on that figure.

That's not a terribly clear question - "it is accurate enough for
close cutting?" It's fine for cutting, say, a 10" plank into two 5"
wide planks, also for cutting strips off the edge of sheets of
chipboard etc. For cutting large sheets of material you'll need extra
support though. I wouldn't want to cut a 1" wide strip off something
and expect it to be accurately 1" wide all along its length.

--
Chris Green