On 11 Oct 2004 12:53:15 -0400, Sam Goldwasser

Building a curve tracer to demonstrate the principle of a curve tracer is
easy and quick. Building one that is actually a useful test instrument
is a lot more difficult and time consuming.

Let's have a show of hands.... How many really find a curve tracer to be
a piece of test equipment you use regularly and would dearly miss if you
didn't have one.

I remember the first time I used a curve tracer at work. Took me a
long time to realize that little line running out past 12 volts was
the whole show.

Later on, I got cheap kicks watching the temps scratching their heads
after hours of sitting in front of the Tek with the ludicrous
operation manual open next to them.