Richard Porter

On 12 Oct 2004 "G&M" wrote:

"Sean" wrote in message
om...
I would like to use my laptop on the kitchen island we are putting
into our new build. I was wondering if there is a product out there
which recesses flush into the kithen worktop and can popped up when
required (like a tower)? Does anybody know if there is such a product?
Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Obtain a second laptop PSU and wire this inside the cabinet out of harms
way, then run the cable to a small surface mounting connector of the same
type from RS or Maplin. Low voltage, isolated and doesn't need protection.
Remember to buy the cable from the new socket to the laptop at the same
time.

I haven't seen any pop-up sockets but there are various recessed
sockets for desks, etc., and sockets with flaps designed to be used on
the floor. I have some rescued ones in the workshop, though the floor
ones aren't fit to be used anywhere else. You could always have a flush
socket and keep one of those nylon dummy thingies in it when it's out of
use so it doesn't get filled up with toast crumbs.

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com