Ed Sirett

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:42:08 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

No.2 says: Vaillant ecoMax 835E condensing, the only boiler he
recommends. Ferroli are very unreliable.

I think that's a little unfair on Ferroli there are plenty of others I
would like to fit less (Alpha, Biasi, Halstead...)

Vaillant make good products, but not the *only* good product. He
probably would say that anything else is unreliable.

Quite pricey for this particular bit of kit. Ideal, BW and others could be
in the frame.

Boiler £3292. 2-3 days work. Discount if I take out a
BG service contract.(Why?)

Simple. He gets something from BG to sell the contract.

I think his time scale is realistic. However his prices are in the BG
region. I would say even in London and with replacing the gas supply (almost
certainly needed) that £2500 would be nearer the mark.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk