JoeJoe

Default 5" bathroom extractor fan

Just fitted a 4" wall-mounted Monrose extractor with a timer that was bought
from Screwfix last month in my downstairs shower room/toilet. The room is
approx. (W)2m x (D)2m x (H)2.5m, and the ducting is around 40-50cm long (the
depth of the external wall). I also fitted a grill with draft shutter on the
external wall.

My problem is that the fan doesn't seem to do very much at all. It hardly
manages to open the shutters when running, and when holding the shutters
fully open the airflow is hardly noticeable. Also, I tried to place a small
piece of tissue in front of it (with the shutter held open), and it hardly
managed to keep it sucked to the front grill.

Is this normal for a fan of such size (85 m3/h)?

I am seriously thinking about replacing it with a 5" one. Does anyone know
of other suppliers other than
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLEDM160R.html who do them? Nothing
against TLC - used then many times and has always been happy - just
interested to see what's available.

TIA,

J.