Byrocat

"Rudy" wrote in message news:wPFad.715797$gE.320294@pd7tw3no...
Little bro came by yesterday, doing an interesting job at the moment,
seems one place is being demolished, and a lot of old hard wood is being
burnt, inc.some rose wood, teak and oak, burnt? (..Royal Navy)

If you need some kindling, we still have 3 Upholder class British submarines
in Canada that seem to burn quite well.

My Dad was in the RCN, and had a few horror stories. The best one
actually was told to me about when he'd been out of the services and
teaching for a number of years, and the CAF had ordered a pile of beef
carcasses to be rendered into steaks, roasts and such.

The steers had been inspected and marked with special stamps, then
pushed to a section of the plant and kept seperate from all the other
carcasses. Dad's partner doing the final inspected noticed something
about one of the cutters doing the filleting. Soem of the scrap pieces
looked to be a bit large.

At the end of the day, Dad and his partner went around to all of the
butchering stations, reached under the counters and pulled up boxes
full of filet mignon.

Tossing them on the counters, Dad's partner told the people cutting:
"Wrap those up as well" and then stood there and watched while the
guys did just that.

Dad said that if it had been one or two, they wouldn't ahve noticed,
but boxes full of them....