Ghazali

Default Plumbing shower booster pump without connecting to electric supply mains

Hi

My plumber will be plumbing my shower booster pump (Stuart Turner
Monsoon twin impeller 2.25 bar) to my bath shower mixer this weekend.
However, he has said that he does not do electrics. He says, (and I
agree with him in theory), that I just need to get it wired up at a
later stage to the mains and it will work.

My question is, do I need to worry about any possible leaks occurring
after the pump is switched on, or is it the case that if there are any
leaks (i.e. incorrectly plumbed), that they will show up whether the
pump is on or off. If its possible, I obviously need to have it
working while he is there, so he can fix any leaks.

My worry is that when the pump is on, obviously the water will be
being pumped out of the outlet pipes at a much higher pressure, and
that this might cause leaks to appear that would not ordinarily be
there when operating at normal (non pumped & gravity fed) hot and cold
pressures.

I have very little plumbing knowledge, and so apologies if this is a
stupid question.

Cheers
GAZ