Charles Middleton

"Rob Bradley" wrote in message

Installer no.1 is the brother of a friend doing the work in his spare
time as he works for someone else. He isn't Corgi registered in his
own name, so would it be legal for him to commission the new boiler?

Just to add my comments on this. I had the same situation when refitting my
bathroom. Installer was a friend of a friend etc. The job went badly wrong
but luckily there was no ill feeling caused between my friend and myself.
Personally, in future I would always go with someone of no relation as if
there was a problem and god forbid court action etc this is likely to cause
a lot of ill feeling.

Not saying you will have a problem but perhaps something to consider.

CM.