Mark Trueman

IMM post was taken with a pinch of salt the moment he recommended a £1300
boiler for an installation with a budget of £1500.

My requirements also state that advice be given by someone who can both read
my post, and perform simple arithmetic based on the facts therein.

Thanks for your input Set Square.

With regards to my current installation, im not sure if it is the diverter
that has gone, from what i have read it is more likely to be the pump. I
will get a big stick under the floor later and see if i can hit the pump a
couple of times to get it going. Probably just sludged up.

If a pump is not accessible, will standard flushing methods clean it out??

Mark

"Set Square" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

To DIY go combi. they are a doddle to fit and are quicker too. It
will modulate down to the heating needs of the small house. No
complex zone vales or control wiring, etc.

Here we go again - the answer's a Combi - now, what's the question!!!

The OP specifically said that he wanted to keep stored hot water for his
venturi shower - not to mention baths! So, if he goes the combi route,
he'll
need to use the CH side for most of his requirements, and use zone valves
split CH from stored hot water.
--
Cheers,
Set Square