Ian Stirling

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Sean wrote:
I would like to use my laptop on the kitchen island we are putting
into our new build. I was wondering if there is a product out there
which recesses flush into the kithen worktop and can popped up when
required (like a tower)? Does anybody know if there is such a product?
Haven't been able to find anything yet.

Floor sockets?
Recess an extra 5mm, put a bit of worktop stuff on them?

That wouldn't work, think about were the hinge is....

On the one floor socket I saw 'in the flesh', the hinge was designed so
that this would work.
Seemingly to make the plug able to sit nearly flush with the edge of the
socket, and reduce the overall height. Err, length.

RCD!!!

I'd agree that the most sensible thing is probably a socket on the vertical.
Or perhaps even underside of the worktops?