coder

Default IKEA kitchen wall cabinet hanging on plaster wall without stud

Hi,

Advice appreciated for the following task:

I'm installing an IKEA kitchen. One of the walls which will hold some
wall cabinets is plaster with studs. The IKEA wall cabinets each have
2 mounting brackets in fixed locations ('fixed' except for very minor
adjustment). Since the wall studs are not positioned so as to allow
each of the cabinet brackets to be screwed to a stud, what is the best
way to achieve a strong fixing? These are fairly heavy cabinets, even
before loading.

Do I need battens or some kind of special fixing behind the units to
spread the load across the studs?

Thanks in advance,
Bill