Dave Plowman

Default Basic electrical question

In article ,
MattP {add mattspersonal before @} wrote:
My problem is that I have a Barrets home, and so the floorboards are
made of chipboard and the've used 6" nails to secure the boards down.
It has been impossible to lift the board for the sockets without
breaking it, if I've got to replace the whole cable that's a lot of
destructive work. Plan B is to use a router to cut around the nails and
replace with screws.

Trouble with chipboard flooring is the edges are T&G joined, so even if
it's screwed down it usually breaks when lifting - unless you lift the
entire floor.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn