Dave Plowman

Default What cable to use for audio (phono) diy connections?

In article ,
Lurch wrote:
And by the nature of an interconnect, it works *before* the
amplification you have control over, so how it can have an effect on
distortion when you change that level, I'm not sure.

Basically, you're amplifying the noise with the audio source. It
becomes more noticable at higher levels of amplification. I know this
is right, I've done it when installing ICE, you can tell easily that
the volume is the same but the background noise is louder when the
source volume is turned up.

To all intents and purposes, cables don't have 'background noise' in the
lengths we're talking about. Of course any subsequent amplifier will make
a difference to the noise of the source, but that noise comes from the
source electronics, etc, not the cables.

--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn