SJF

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Oscar_Lives wrote:

A neighbor is wanting an easement for sewer and water access for a lot

he
purchased. Due to our topography, his lot does not have access to city
sewer and water service, and my lot is the only way to feasibly get it.
(City won't approve a septic system for him.)

My question: Should I expect to be paid by him for granting an

easement? I
know that he would be responsible for the cost of running the pipes,
restoring my yard, etc., but it seems that I should also be entitled to

some
additional compensation for the trouble.

The way I figure, he is going to have to trench about 300 feet along my

yard
to reach the street and utilities. (I have about a 2 acre lot.)

Thanks for the advice.

About the only thing that you should charge him are any costs that
YOU may incur as far as deed revision costs and perhaps a refundable
deposit to be held in escrow until he completes restoration of your
property.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

But be sure that the location of his pipes will not unduly restrict your
future use of your property.