Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:21:04 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

Likely a carryover, but I always "stir" the Minwax variety by agitating the
can. Invert a few times and don't worry. It's thin, you're using a rag,
and there's always sandpaper.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have been stirring with a thin
stick and have seen no issues in the results.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
news:1097383744.dJVdYDBDJVhKgEe6rkulBw@teranews.. .

I'm applying Watco clear wiping poly to the cherry entertainment
center after applying Danish oil. [currently doing the door panels so I

can
assemble the doors]. The instructions on the Watco can say to stir (not
shake) before using. Given that these are 1 quart cans with a standard
screw cap, stirring is an interesting process.
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=932-460

Are there really elements that separate out of clear Watco, or is
this a carry-over from the colored Watcos?