Steve

Default Picture Black - 35" Mitsubishi, Mod #CS-3506R.

I have a 1990 vintage 35" Mitsubishi, model # CS-3506R.

The picture is black, although there is sound and the on screen
channel/time display works okay.

Based on some prior posts on Mitsubishi's, I suspect that the PIP module
(930B43601) is bad. I did find a burnt lead to a capacitor (C7400),
although replacing the cap didn't fix it. My guess is that there are
other component problems.

Can this PIP module be bypassed? Is it feasible to have it replaced or
repaired?

FYI - Just before the picture went black, there were a bunch of blue
streaks shooting across at an angle.

The tube still looks good, and I am hoping to get a few more years out
of this set.

Thanks,
Steve/NH