Ian Stirling

G&M wrote:

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:57:48 +0100, "G&M"
wrote:

As far as I'm aware unless it's TRADA stamped your friendly BCO will tell
you to take it down.

No. Or at least, only if the architect has called for some particular
grading. There's no general rule thgat says ungraded timber can't be
used for building work.

Okay. Here's my reasoning. Compliance with the Construction Products
Directive (CPD) is mandatory for all items of construction which are

snip
In any case CE marking of constructional materials will become mandatory in
due course so unless you cut the tree down and prepare it yourself I don't
see how one can use ungraded wood after that. That doesn't mean that
'green' oak can't be used, just that it has to be checked it complies with
some standard.

AIUI, (though I am coming at this from the electronics side) it's
perfectly legal to CE mark the stuff yourself, you only get into trouble
if it's later found not to comply.