Edwin Pawlowski

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message

My dad used to work on an Airforce Base. They would hall piles of unused
Parachute cord to the dump on base and burn it. If you got caught taking
some of it home you were fired. Nice cord too, lots of uses on the farm.

That would make sense in that you could not go into the parachute business
and make an unsafe chute and sue the cord provider. I would imagine there
is a safe way to make it unusable for a parachute but still be good for
cordage.

There was a lawsuit when a manufacturer of auto accessories trashed some
defective parts. An enterprising employee took them, sold them at a flea
market, and someone had an accident because of them. He sued and won.