Edwin Pawlowski

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
I was once waiting in a line of cars at a light (about 4th in line), and
some bozo
didn't stop and hit me from behind. Pushed my bike (a 3-speed schwinn :-)
onto the trunk of the car in front of me, and left me standing with about
12 inches between the two bumpers. Shook for a week. He did buy me a
new
Schwinn World Sport (1981 or thereabouts).

scott

It's a visual thing. The guy was probably watching the bumper of the car
and not the small profile of you. In a panic stop, people will drive right
into the car ahead because that is what they are looking at. They should be
looking at a spot behind the car.