mac davis

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:55:15 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

Very nice!
I used to make them years ago when they were called "round boxes"...
Very popular gift for the ladies, as the small ones make a cool place
to keep the special necklace or whatever..

Well, this is my first attempt a turning a lidded vessel.
Cut from green cherry, it was smoothed slightly with a green 3M
sanding pad, but otherwise right off the lathe. The finish is not as
bright and shiny as it should be once dried and finished.

I left the lid tenon slightly oversize so that after drying, there
would be some stock left to fit it into the cup perfectly. When dry,
I plan to coat it with tung oil and polish it out - assuming it
doesn't split in half. :-\

For those of you who don't can't get usenet binaries, here is a link:

http://thevideodoc.com/images/LiddedVessel01.jpg

Otherwise, it's in a.b.p.w

Comments are Welcomed.

Greg G.