John Rumm

Slymo wrote:

I just bought a bathroom suite from Focus, the one with the p-shaped
shower bath and curved shower screen. We pre-measured everything
except the height! The screen is too tall for our humble bathroom by
1/2". We can't lower the bath any more because of the height of the
side panel. That clips underneath the edge of the bath rather than
sliding up inside the edge. Any ideas welcome, perhaps someone knows a
way to cut the screen down? It is about 1/2" thick acryllic and
curved!

Plasterboard ceiling?

If so, then cut a matching slot in the ceiling, stick the top of the
screen in it and then make good round the edges. That should keep the
top of the screen nice and firm!

If you were going to cut it, then I would suggest a good jigsaw on slow
speed with a fine toothed blade. A layer of masking tape on the surface
first to stop the sole plate leaving scratches, and use a rip fence to
follow the top edge so you get a nice straight line. Once cut clean off
any rough edges with some wet'n'dry.

--
Cheers,

John.