Andy Dingley

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:11:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Unfortunately there's a shortage of
such good people, and at £7.50/hour for timber framers then there's
hardly any incentive for anyone to go into this field.

My chippies charge twice that, plus VAT, and are in great demand.

Then that's very cheap and you should snap them up.

The 7.50 is what experienced framers are _paid_ by one well-known
framing outfit. They charge them out at twenty-something.

Unless you're running your own business though (and many people just
don't want to do this), then you're earning twenty and getting paid
seven.

I have had EXTREME problems in one area where I used a kiln dried and
outdoor treated bit of wood. The bugger has EXPANDED on me. INDOORS!!!

What else can it do ? Timber doesn't just "shrink" on seasoning in
some asymmetric and irreversible manner, it pumps in and out with
changes in moisture in either direction (after a few years it setles
down a bit)

--
Smert' spamionam