Edwin Pawlowski

(Alex) wrote in message

My home is brick, which would require cutting the brick, so this is a
task better left to the pros. Can someone give ideas on cost for
decent windows and the cost to have them installed?

About 20 bucks over the cost of the window and a lintel if you do it
yourself. You can cut brick with a circular saw and a blade made for
cutting masonry. Dirty job, but it can be done. Then you frame the opening
and install the window.

In all, I have two windows that are 34" tall by 68" wide, one is 34"
by 34", and I also have a wall with no window which I want a window
installed.

Be sure there is nothing in the wall before you cut the opening. No
plumbing, wiring, heat ducts. You will have some interior framing to do once
you cut a stud or three.

Anyone gone through a similar project? Thanks,

Yes, I've done it a couple of times. I don't know your skill level but you
may be able to do some of the work to keep costs down. It must be done
right to avoid structural problems though. Unless you get proper guidance,
call a pro.