Pete C

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:22:40 GMT, Rick Dipper
wrote:

I assume that making your own approved kiln is expenive, not beacuse
of the construction (most I have seem are old containers) but for the
approval certificate.

Hi,

Try ringing around and seeing how much will be charged for kiln
drying, or whether it's possible to redesign for non graded wood.

This is quite upsetting for me, all of the basic house materials are
local, wall stone (picked off the land), slate (40 miles to the
quarry) cement (works is 15 miles away), bricks, labour. The wood will

If you can get it kiln dried locally there is no problem. If you were
the architect would you accept liability for using non graded wood
when the design required graded?

cheers,
Pete.