G&M

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:02:36 +0100, "G&M"
wrote:

Graded wood must now be kiln dried in an approved kiln. Without that

your
friend's wood is unusable in construction - no ifs, maybes or

workarounds.

********.

Graded wood, particularly for oak, is entirely inappropriate for
high-end work, except for a few purposes involving glulam and
structural beams. You're better off with air-dried than kiln-dried,
but the regulations don't recognise anything other than McTimber
that's shoved through a kiln in the vain and pointless hope of turning
it into a homogeneous and consistent material. Timber isn't consistent
- get over it, and train some vaguely carpenters who can deal with it
as it is.

For construction, then don't forget green timber. So long as you have
a competent framer than you can build with this stuff when it had
leaves on a month earlier.

As far as I'm aware unless it's TRADA stamped your friendly BCO will tell
you to take it down. I really suggest the OP discusses this with him to
ask his opinion on whether the wood you have is suitable or not.