James

Default What cable to use for audio (phono) diy connections?

(James) wrote in message . com...
I want to get unamplified sound between my computer & DAB radio (in...

Many thanks for the replies. To sum up:

1. Now I understand that each phono plug socket has two solder tags.
Aha. Current set-up doesn't have the shielding connected at all.
Ooops.

2. My original intention was to use the junction box as a sort of
permanent patch panel. In a 3-socket pair connection I thought it
would save me soldering two wires to each tag in the middle socket.
My impression from all the posts is that this is probably not a good
idea?

3. Connecting the shielding at both ends or at one end. Some
divergent views.

Off to Maplins...

James