Andy Hall

Default Basic electrical question

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:58:08 -0000, "MattP" {add
mattspersonal before @} wrote:

I'm installing a kitchen in a couple of weeks time and have a question.

I have to move my heater/water controller from one wall to another it has 8
wires. As I'm going to need more wire to move the box is it okay to isolate
the cable in a junction box in the ceiling void and then join the new cable
in this box?

I'd thought it to be no problem but thought I'd ask first.

If it is going to be inaccessible (as this will be) then the joints
need to be crimp types and not screw terminals (as in chocolate block)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl