Steve Knight

When I encounter a bicycle I assume that the guy is going to fall off in
front of me--the way a lot of folks ride it's not that risky a bet. But
it's frustrating to have to trundle along at bicycle speed because giving
the guy adequate clearance would mean going into oncoming traffic.
Especially when the bicyclist is usually oblivious to the laws in most
states that require slow moving vehicles to move aside at the earliest
opportunity when there is a line of traffic blocked up behind them.

I have seen enough of these. more then good cyclists I think.
three feet is how much there should be. most of the time I ride cars can pass
me and not cross the yellow line. sometimes they have to a bit if there are a
bunch of parked cars and I need door clearance. but even then there is usually
room. the only time I block traffic is if I am going straight but plan on
turning really soon. but if they get delayed more then 10 seconds it would be
rare.

But, I'm going to add another preach--TEACH YOUR KIDS TO RIDE _WITH_ TRAFFIC
not _AGAINST_ it. If somebody's on a bicycle in the wrong lane you don't
always have lot of time to react.

yes this is a big problem. hell that's how I learned to do it till I got wise.
Most of the time I am in more danger of other cyclists and peds then cars. wrong
way cyclists and peds going to cars without looking.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes