Norman D. Crow

"Steve Knight" wrote in message
snip
well this was yesterday. I am not as sore as I thought I would be more

sore. my
leg was not as sore as I thought it would be. knee feels a bit funny but I

could
walk just fine. my shoulders are what hurt. I never hit them (I landed

face
down) but I think trying to stop myself stressed them. every time I sit

for a
hour or so they kill me when I move (G)

Glad you're not hurt any worse Steve, and bike parts can be fixed or
replaced!

Try the words "adrenalin shock". Some years back ('86) I hit & killed a good
sized doe riding my '80 Kawasaki KZ1300 full dresser.
Bike was almost stopped when I hit, but @ that point the rear wheel was
lifting from severe front brake, I was already starting to lift out of the
saddle, and after impact the bike just sort of laid down, maybe slid a
couple feet max. I flew about 8-10', worst damage was the knee of my jeans,
gloves jacket & helmet covered everything else. Friend & SIL came up over
the hill behind me in a car, we picked bike up, rode to friends house for
several coffees, rode bike home(frame mount fairing the brunt of impact.
IIRC, this bike weighed about 1050-1100, the deer was 20' away, stone dead,
& it looked like an explosion in a mattress factory, as it was late Apr.
early May, so they were shedding).

Tried to go to work the next morning, lasted about 1/2hr. EVERYTHING hurt!
Went home, took a handful of aspirin & went back to bed for about 3-4hr.
Pain settled enough so I could function the rest of the day, and was gone
after about 3 days. There was a little local trauma in the wrists and
shoulders from the "landing", but I expected that. just wasn't prepared for
the "total body" experience.

The ironic part is, that was supposed to be my last ride on the KZ, as I
went to pick up my '84 Gold Wing the next night.

--
Nahmie