Greg Millen

Steve, I am glad you weren't hurt. BTW, two days for the pain to kick in,
not one.

As an aside, give us some warning next time so we can buy a few collector
pieces before you bite the big one.

Seriously though, you're lucky (and so are we) that you're still around.

Take care,
--
Greg

"Steve Knight" wrote in message
Well today was fun. I had forgotten my wallet and had to go get it so I
could go
to the post office today. The weather was sprinkling but the roads were
wet.
Here I am going about 15 as the road starts to slope up. The bike lane is
one
lane out and not against right curb so I was in it. A lady in a SUV pulled
out
in front of me. I put on full brakes but I could not stop so I went to the
left
to go around her. I think I was close to stopping and she was too I think.
But
it she still hit me in the side. Man I did a face plant but my helmet sure
saved
me. I saw the road real close but only my chin got a whack my head bounced
off
the payment. Well the helmet did. I was thinking why did my face not get
hurt?
Then I finally figured it out my helmet hit not my face.

Lots of witnesses and I was in the right. The lady that did it was really
nice
and even brought me home. I thought I might need the ambulance that
arrived but
once my leg was not numb I could feel it was not broken just bruised up a
lot.
So she brought me home gave me 100.00 to get a helmet and will fix the
bike.
Sure glad the frame is a good steel frame.
I do admit I forgot to turn on my front flasher. It is a xenon flasher so
it
would have been visible. I don't usually ride that time of day and I was
in a
hurry and forgot. But it sounds like she saw me and her food slipped off
the
brake pedal. (She admits she was at fault) so it may not have made a
difference.

well this was yesterday. I am not as sore as I thought I would be more
sore. my
leg was not as sore as I thought it would be. knee feels a bit funny but I
could
walk just fine. my shoulders are what hurt. I never hit them (I landed
face
down) but I think trying to stop myself stressed them. every time I sit
for a
hour or so they kill me when I move (G)
I took my bike into my favorite mechanic. I will get the results Monday. I
know
the forts are toast as they were spread apart a fair amount. the front
detailer
is toast and maybe the cranks.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes