Rick Dipper

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:30:56 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Rick Dipper wrote:

This is quite upsetting for me, all of the basic house materials are
local, wall stone (picked off the land), slate (40 miles to the
quarry) cement (works is 15 miles away), bricks, labour. The wood will
come from the other side of europe.

Surely there must be someone reasonably local with a certified kiln? I
didn't know about this kiln certification business until I read this
thread, but I do know there are two yards within a 40mile drive of me
who bake their own C16 stamped timber.

That will be my next line of investigation. My neighbour charges 1/3
of even the cheepest graded timber I can find on line, so I can afford
quite a bit of expence in drying/grading. His random oa flooring is
arround 5.50 a square meter, its unfinished, but you can buy a really
good sander with the money you save.

If you are neer chester/shrewsbury, maybe you can let me know who the
yards are.

Thanks
Rick