Thomas G. Marshall

Bill Bowden coughed up:

....[thwack]...

I haven't seen any 11,000 mAh NiMh batteries, but I have seen
8,000 mAh 'D' cells for 9 or 10 dollars.

A standard 'D' alkaline cell will be about 16,000 mAh

Ah ha, thanks! Are they all about the same?

My informal tests between energizer (not e^2) and duracell in the gym
powering my old sony walkman (an excellent low power consumption tape player
by the way) showed me running for OVER A MONTH of EVERY DAY of OVER AN HOUR
A DAY on 2 AA's. No, I am /not/ kidding. Please don't send the cookie
truck, I am not crazy either. The duracells gacked after a week or so.

I asked a duracell spokesman about this and he said that it's possible: the
unadvertised skinny within their (duracell) company is that duracells last
longer on multiple very short term usages than energizer, and that energizer
lasts longer for sustained durations.

HUH? What have you guys found?

--
"His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson. His name was
Robert Paulson..."