Harlen Ng

You might have to take the main value a part. There are gaskets inside
the main value. My unit has a rotor value and the unit is held together
by 6 long screws. I also had to change the rotor value (round shaped) a
couple of times. I've had my Kenmore for over 10 years.

S Rao wrote:

I have a Kenmore Water Softener ... Model Number: 625.348491 ... and
a few days ago I noticed that my Salt Brine Tank was almost full of
water.

I went to the Kenmore animations site for troubleshooting .... .and
came to the following conclusions:

== in the FILL mode ... water trickles into the float assembly thro'
the brine line (as it should)
== but when I go into the BRINE cycle .. water continues to trickle
into the float assembly . If i am not wrong .. water should stop
flowing thro' the brine line into the float assembly
== so i undid my venturi valve .. and noticed the gasket and the flow
plug worn out. so i replaced them. i also replaced the (2) flow plugs
.. to be on the safe side.
== but when I put the venturi valve back together .. water continues
to drip into the float assembly even in the BRINE cycle (which is why
it is flooding my salt tank)
== in the BRINE cycle .. i disconnected the Brine line off the bottom
of the venturi assembly. instead of feeling suction at the venturi
assembly fitting .. water is coming out of the venturi assembly
fitting
== what else could be wrong; everything else in the venturi assembly
looks good .. including the screens and the o-ring

would appreciate any pointers help from others ..

eb7380