Pete C

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:40:26 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

OK, I've had reasonable results cutting wood with a thin metal cutting
disc where access is limited, so I'll stick to that...

You can get special wood cutting discs, they basically have a loop of
chainsaw chain round the perimeter. They are designed for rapid cutting
of wood and sculpting eyc. Axminster do them.

(Eg cutting through the edge of plywood floor where it runs under a
partition wall, anyone know another way of doing it?)

Reciprocating saw with a long blade, biscuit jointer perhaps.

Thanks, an Arbortech Tuff Cut looks just the thing to use, probably
good for trimming skirting and door frames too.

cheers,
Pete.