The Natural Philosopher

Pete C wrote:

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:46:41 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

How thick is a diamond cutting disk? Anyone tried one of these on
wood?

3 - 4mm or so....

Only used one on wood indirectly (i.e. it was the bit of scrap under the
slab being cut!) - it will create smoke, heat, wear out the disc faster
and do a few other things... cutting the wood in any timely fashion not
being one of them ;-)

OK, I've had reasonable results cutting wood with a thin metal cutting
disc where access is limited, so I'll stick to that...

(Eg cutting through the edge of plywood floor where it runs under a
partition wall, anyone know another way of doing it?)

Angle grinder will do it, but use a carborundum disc or (shudder) mount
up a rotary saw blade on the end of a drill.

Yes, its lethal so watch out.

However I used this to cut a plastic vertical soil pipe from inside
where it was below floor level, successfully.

cheers,
Pete.