The Natural Philosopher

ady2°°4© wrote:

"Rob H" wrote in message

Hello

We've just had a new kitchen put in and we had a few scratches on our
brushed steel extractor chimney hood (not deep, but surface ones that made
the surface shiny). The chap fitting it used something looking like
sandpaper (black) and soap to magic them out. I was highly sceptical but

it

worked. Anyway, we've since had to take the extractor down and

unfortunately

we've put 3 new similar scratches in it.

I can't find this "magic" product (if there is any particular product), so

wonder if anyone either knows what it is or how I can get them out
otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Rob H
P.S. Asking the person concerned is not an option!

sound like your trying to describe wet & dry paper you will find some at
halfords or any car place..

Yup. Soapy water and up to 600 grade grit will get you back to a brushed
finish.

If you want satin or mirror its down to a buffing mop and T-cut.