Norm Dresner

"Quadrajet1" wrote in message
Some KVMs do not work well with some kinds of equipment. You don't have

look very hard to find equipment that doesn't work well or at all with

one,
a few or all types of KVMs out there.

William

I have a Mac G4 and a PeeCee that I am switching with a IOGear Mini-View
USB-KVM.

I have an Apple USB keyboard, Kensington USB Expert Mouse Pro trackball,

Dell
21" monitor, and several other USB devices, and all switches well. Only
downside, it only supports USB 1.1, not the faster 2.0. Maybe they've

upgraded
by now.

I've got 4 SGI Octanes and 2 SGI Indigo2 workstations along with 6 or so
PC's of various manufacturers including Dell and several generic ones and I
have absolutely no problems with my Belkin Omniview Pro KVM switches. I had
several other brands of smaller ones (I have 2 8-port now) and while mice
were sometimes not properly supported, I've never had a single computer
complain about switching keyboards or monitors.

Norm