Peter Teubel

That is true. My 2hp vector drive has significantly lower torque at low RPM, but then again its got a 3-step pulley to compensate.
The DVR has FAR more torque at the bottom end. At 100 RPM, I cannot stop it by grabbing the handwheel. Add the fact that you don't
have to change belt positions and you've got quite a capable lathe. I'd put the DVR against any other 2hp lathe at low RPMs (with
the same 1-to-1 shaft to pulley ratio) in a torque contest.

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:19:25 GMT, "Denis Marier" wrote:

What would be the torque of an Electronic Variable Speed at 200 RPM.
I am lead to believe that at low RPM the EVS torque may not be as powerful
as in High RPM. Having two EVS for a while maybe you could comment of
this. TIA

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com