David Robinson

Default What cable to use for audio (phono) diy connections?

Richard Savage wrote in message ...

Do I understand that you are feeding the audio o/p from PC and DAB unit to
your amp? Then spend LOTS of money on the cables and connectors (consider
gold plated - they're not that dear) and do solder the cables. I expect
you'll only want to do this only once!

Have you heard the quality of UK DAB broadcasts? You don't need to
spend much!

However, as the original poster has probably figured out already, he
does need screened cable.

Unfortunately I can't remember the best practice for audio cable screen
connections to avoid earth loops - is it only connect the screen at one of
the devices?

Usually - it depends. Which end you choose to connect can make a
difference. Lots of fun!

UK wiring regulations mean you need to keep the audio cables at least
5cm away from any mains wiring.

Cheers,
David.