Thomas G. Marshall

Jerry G. coughed up:
The largest chargeable battery I have seen in a "D" cell was a rating
of 4,000 mAh. This would be 4 Ah. This battery type was an industrial
rated battery primarily for running portable lighting equipment, and
communications equipment. The standard "D" cells that I see are rated
at 2,000 mAh. Maybe the battery you saw is really rated at 1,100 mAh,
and they made a printing error?

Take note that most of these chargeable batteries are rated at 1.25 to
1.35 Volts. They are not usually rated at 1.5 Volts. If you are
building a pack to run 12 Volt equipment it would be best to use 10
of these battery types in series. We have also built packs with 16 of
these batteries in series and put an efficient high current capacity
voltage regulator on its output to regulate the output voltage down
to 12.5 Volts. Some customers asked for 13.8 Volts to be equivalent
to the same voltage that can come from the average automobile.

If you want to have more current, you can make up combinations of
series and parallel configurations with these batteries. If we put
three sets in parallel in order to have three times the current
capacity. When this is done, then portability becomes another issue.

The rating of 11,000 mAh for a single "D" cell sounds very high, or
this is battery type I have not seen yet!

http://www.zbattery.com/mh-2d110.html
http://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/
http://thomas-distributing.com/mh-2d110.htm (same as first battery)

The following has them up to 9000mAh, but over 10x the cost of the others!
http://www.megabatteries.com/items.asp?cat_id=63

--
It'salwaysbeenmygoalinlifetocreateasignaturethaten dedwiththeword"blarphoogy".