Tony Manella

I've used both danish oil and cellulose sanding sealer over CA glue without
having any adhesion issues.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Chuck" wrote in message
On 07 Oct 2004 17:25:21 GMT, (Kip055) wrote:

Even worse than the staining of the wood, CA is so thin that it wicks
a lot further into the wood than the crack, and effectively seals the
wood and prevents it from taking finish, stain or anything else

I haven't as yet ever used stain on turnings so I can't comment, but I

haven't
had probems with oil varnish mixes adhereing to areas that I've hit with

CA,
either in cases where I sealed before application or not (the latter for

woods
that the CA did not discolor.) May I ask what finish(es) you have

observed
this with??

Water based poly, danish oil, cellulose sanding sealer

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget