sandy

Brady make proper sized "inside" PVC fittings. But why not just
replace what is there with a proper outsige coupling.

I just went out and looked at it again. At first I thought it
wouldn't work because hubby glued the inside "connector" to the old
pvc pipe that had a piece of the old broken connector still attached.
I also looked at the pump (inside the garage) and see where there is
what looks like a large screw on connector. I'm thinking that if I
cut through the outside (new) pvc, pick off the caulk that filled the
hole in the garage wall that the pipe goes through...that I ought to
be able to twist off and replace the old pvc coming from the
pump....and THAT one we could then use an outside connector on.
Should this "screw" fitting come off easily?

Hope somebody can understand that....at least I sorta know what I'm
talking about. Maybe I SHOULD trade hubby in for a real handiMAN!

Sandy