Denis Marier

Thanks for your comments Peter.

I own a sailboat and build numerous dinghies and repaired several small
boats using epoxy and different type of wood.
In boat building when working with oak and teak, biscuits, screws, dowels
and joinery are using with epoxy to obtain a good bonding

When I had delaminating problems in boat building I contacted the Tech.
Department at Gougeon Brothers, Inc
Should you need more information I can email you what I received from Tom
Pawlak
Technical Service at Gougeon Brothers, Inc or you can contact them directly.

Gougeon Brothers, Inc.
100 Patterson Ave., PO Box 908
Bay City, MI 48707-0908 U.S.A.
tel: 989-684-7286
fax: 989-684-1287

"Peter Hyde" wrote in message
om...
"Denis Marier" stated
Epoxy does not adhere well on oily and porous wood. Traditionally,

acetone
is used to remove oxidation and natural oil before using epoxy. Even at
that teak and oak need mechanical devices (screws, dowels and joinery)

provide a good bonding.

Hmmmmmm I think you should tell the Gugeon brothers about this because
they might find all of their beautiful yachts are falling apart.
I suggest you get a copy of their information pamphlet from Lee Valley
Tools and read up on West System Epoxy