HeatMan

"RJ" wrote in message

We were discussing the high cost of housing.
I "brain-stormed"....
Buy a lot, have a ( 4 car? ) garage erected on it.
Live in that !

First response was; "You'd never get an Occupancy Permit".

I realize you'd need a sink, toilet.... electric service.
Much else ?
Hell... we do with a helluva lot less out camping.

What is this "Occupancy Permit" ?
Could a township require certain minimal living amenities ?
Could it extend to windows ? heating ? etc. etc...

Could you live in a garage ?
rj

My in-laws did for about 2 years.

The local DOT kicked them out of their house (and paid them for it) so the
road could be widened. The couldn't decide on a final plan for the new
house, so they built a 3 car garage. It has 200 amp service and a complete
bathroom. As soon as they got the 'CO' and could get the power turned on,
they moved in. The county probably didn't know or care.